Downtown Fresno will not run out of gifts
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A celebration in downtown Fresno Friday marked the opening of a new gift shop; Kern Street Gift Shoppe is located on Kern Street in the Hotel Virginia building.
Inside, shoppers will be able to find tons of collectibles and hello kitty gear.
Its owner says she chose Kern Street because plenty of people walk and drive by the area and there's a need for something like it here.
Jillian Schweiki, employee said, "There isn't anything like this down here there are a lot of businesses, 40k work in area so they run in during their lunch break for cards and gifts."
The owner of the Kern Street Gift Shoppe also owns the gift shop inside the Radisson Hotel. That store will remain open.
The Kern Street Gift Shoppe will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 25 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors 38 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol...
44 min ago