Permit lottery for Yosemite Half-Dome climb
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Starting Friday you can apply for a permit to climb to the top of the iconic Half Dome at Yosemite National Park.
The 2013 hiking season hasn't started just yet but the demand is so high for these permits the park service uses a lottery system to distribute the passes.
You can apply for the lottery online for a small fee.
But don't worry if you don't win one of the permits an average of 50 permits are made available each day because of no-shows and cancellations.
yosemite national park, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 52 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members