Over 40k in guns and more stolen in Three Rivers
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thieves loaded a horse trailer and helped themselves to someone else's belongings, worth thousands in the town of Three Rivers.
Detectives say it happened in Three Rivers near Sequoia Oaks Drive and Fork Drive. Deputies estimate the thieves took off with more than $45,000 worth of stuff which included a number of guns and ammunition.
But the homeowners say this isn't the first time the area was targeted.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Office says the suspects hit a home in Three Rivers sometime after 4 p.m. on Wednesday and 9 a.m. on Thursday.
A homeowner said she was at work at the time but when she got home she found out the crooks stole guns, ammunition, a pickup truck, a horse trailer, and three motorcycles. The owner said the thieves even took jewelry and all the tools from her barn.
Home owner, Deborah Condon said, "Now that I have to live here and sleep here at night it doesn't just worry me it kind of terrifies me because we are in a kind of remote area because this has been happening for several years more frequently."
Condon also says people in her neighborhood are now getting together and looking at ways of stepping up security in the area. She's even considering moving out.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Tulare County Sheriff's Office.
three rivers, tulare, tulare county, burglary, local, mariana jacob
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region