Habitat for Humanity; 2 Fresno families' new homes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two Valley families have new homes Saturday thanks to Habitat for Humanity.
The organization dedicated the homes to the Her and Vang families Saturday. They are the 6th and 7th families in Fresno in the Long Cheng subdivision to receive a home from Habitat for Humanity.
The families helped build other homes in the community while waiting for theirs to be built.
Organizers say it's been a long but rewarding wait for the people involved.
Tony Miranda, Executive Director of Fresno County Habitat for Humanity said, "They were working on other homes for 12 weeks before their 5 month building project so they've been doing this for quite some time now so today is a very celebratory day for the families."
Habitat for Humanity will dedicate two more houses in the Long Cheng subdivision in a couple of weeks.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe