Nearly 60k Valley residents experience black out
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nearly 60,000 customers in the North Valley were left without electricity Sunday morning.
PG&E officials say equipment failure was the cause, but their investigation is still ongoing. They say an outage at a substation cut power to Merced, Atwater and surrounding areas.
Crews were checking substations to see what went wrong, and were working to get the power restored.
The power was out for nearly 5 hours, but officials say the power has been completely restored to all homes.
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system