A Merced firefighter saves a life while he's off-duty
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An off-duty Merced firefighter is being recognized for saving a man's life, and the American Red Cross is honoring the firefighter with a special award.
Kevin Buccola is the new recipient of the "American Red Cross Central Valley Fire Rescue Hero" award. Back in November Buccola was at the gym when another man collapsed outside.
Buccola jumped into action and started CPR when he realized the man had no pulse. He stayed with him until emergency crews arrived and were able to save the man's life.
The American Red Cross Central California chapter will honor Buccola and other local heroes at a dinner later this month.
merced, merced county, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts 12 min ago
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on