Merced County is extending evening bus service
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County is making some major changes to their bus system. The county is planning to extend evening service from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m., and add Sunday routes. Federal funding will cover those additions for the next three years.
Officials are also updating other routes to better serve the community and reduce delays. The upgrades are set to take effect July 1st, the same day state gas taxes will increase by three-and-a-half cents per gallon.
Merced County Transit Manager Rich Green said, "We do hear from our riders that gas price does affect ridership. Honestly, making sure the routes go where they need to go and making it easy and convenient for them is extremely helpful."
The county's transit manager has also launched thebuslive.com, to give riders real time information about when and where buses are arriving.
Public workshops for Merced County bus routes:
March 22, 9am-4pm at 710 W. 16th St.
April 2, 3pm-5pm at 678 W. 18th St.
April 2, 6pm-8pm at 369 W. 18th St.
March 26, 10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm at 645 Seventh St.
April 1, 3-5pm & 6-8pm at the Community Center
Read more here: http://bit.ly/WJta8n
merced county, merced, local, sara sandrik
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 17 min ago
- Man shot in the upper torso in Parlier 8 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 35 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
35 min ago