Kids Day begins Tuesday morning
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Copies of the special Kids Day edition of the Fresno Bee is rolling off the presses right now.
You'll see volunteers standing on Valley street corners selling the papers for a dollar. All of the proceeds go to Children's Hospital and the money helps bring specialty doctors to the Valley, and this year organizers hope to raise $480 thousand.
If you can't make it out to any of the collection sites, you can also make a donation by text message on your smartphone. To donate $5:00, all you need to do is text the name "GEORGE" to 90999. And remember to tune into Action News AM Live... Reporter Amanda Venegas will be among the many volunteers selling papers.
local, amanda venegas
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 17 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
20 min ago