Fresno PD says thieves tried to hide by ordering McDonald's
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police say two thieves thought they could hide from the cops by ordering fast food at McDonald's.
Detectives say the men had just burglarized a home near Cedar and Dakota in Central Fresno.
Quick-thinking neighbors called police and gave a good description of the car and the suspects.
Officers spotted the pair at the McDonald's drive thru. They let them order their chicken sandwiches, and then trapped them in the parking lot.
Both were arrested, and police recovered money and jewelry.
They're now checking to see whether the suspects are connected to other area break-ins.
crimetracker, burglary, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals