iPad puts thieves' pictures online, suspects arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis police have tracked down three people accused in a recent theft, thanks to a lot of help from the suspects themselves.
The suspects are accused of stealing an iPad from a shopper at Costco in Clovis back in February. Then they apparently used the tablet to take photos of themselves.
Those pictures were uploaded to the victim's iCloud via Wi-Fi and investigators had no problem figuring out who they were trying to find.
Clovis police say the suspects saw media coverage of the story Monday night and turned themselves in.
The iPad was recovered and will be returned to its owner.
crimetracker, theft, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'