iPad puts thieves' pictures online, suspects arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis police have tracked down three people accused in a recent theft, thanks to a lot of help from the suspects themselves.
The suspects are accused of stealing an iPad from a shopper at Costco in Clovis back in February. Then they apparently used the tablet to take photos of themselves.
Those pictures were uploaded to the victim's iCloud via Wi-Fi and investigators had no problem figuring out who they were trying to find.
Clovis police say the suspects saw media coverage of the story Monday night and turned themselves in.
The iPad was recovered and will be returned to its owner.
crimetracker, theft, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 54 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 55 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed