Big rig carrying turkeys overturns north of Chowchilla
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big rig that was carrying a load of turkeys overturned east of HWY 99 in Merced County early Wednesday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident happened at E. Harvey Pettit Road and S. Minturn Road north of Chowchilla at around 5:45 a.m. Wednesday. The big rig was carrying a load of turkeys that spilled all over the roadway in the crash.
The CHP reports that power lines are down in the area. The northbound lanes of Minturn are partially blocked. Motorists are advised to use an alternate route to access Highway 99.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this story.
merced county, chowchilla, accident, local, gaby rodriguez
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 16 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos