Former HS dance teacher accused of sex with teen
HOUSTON -- A local high school teacher is out of a job and facing serious legal trouble. She is accused of an improper relationship with one of her students.
The woman taught dance at Humble High School. The alleged victim told police the teacher had a sexual relationship with her for more than a year.
Amanda Michelle Feenstra, 30, is a former Humble High School dance and drill team director who's now accused of having an improper sexual relationship with one of her former students.
"I tried to protect my children from people like her," said the alleged victim's mother, who didn't want to be identified. "But I didn't see it coming, because she was her teacher, she had a husband."
The mother says Feenstra coerced her daughter into having sex numerous times between 2010 and 2011. The woman says she only found out a few months ago, when her daughter made an outcry to police.
She said, "Some nights I can't sleep because this hurt me to the core, to the core of my soul. So sometimes I have cried and I've cried and I've cried, and I've cried my eyes out."
The woman says her daughter, who's already graduated from the high school, was 16 and on the dance team when she met Feenstra. The girl says the alleged sex acts happened numerous times at the school, after all football games and at Feenstra's home. The girl told police she didn't tell anyone sooner because she felt embarrassed and trapped.
"I was raised a Christian," the girl's mother said. "I know I was raised to believe in God. And I know I have to forgive her for what she did. But there is a part of me that just wants to rip her apart."
Feenstra left Humble ISD in 2011. She resigned from Dayton ISD in December last year, shortly after this criminal investigation began.
Humble ISD released a statement this afternoon saying, in part: "Humble ISD has zero-tolerance for inappropriate relationships between teachers and students. The district works with law enforcement for the safety and welfare of all students."
We have not been able to get a comment from Feenstra about this criminal charge. However, Eyewitness News did make contact with a man who identified himself as her fiancé.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
humble, local, demond fernandez
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos