One person injured in retirement community fire in Heights
HOUSTON -- One person suffered minor injuries after fire broke out at a retirement community in the Heights.
The two-alarm fire happened at the Houston House on Heights near 20th. According to investigators, the fire started in the kitchen of one of the apartments. One resident was transported to the hospital with what's being described as a minor injury.
Four or five residents will need to relocate due to smoke damage.
We're working to gather more details. Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this developing story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 33 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 57 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
22 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos