One person injured in retirement community fire in Heights
HOUSTON -- One person suffered minor injuries after fire broke out at a retirement community in the Heights.
The two-alarm fire happened at the Houston House on Heights near 20th. According to investigators, the fire started in the kitchen of one of the apartments. One resident was transported to the hospital with what's being described as a minor injury.
Four or five residents will need to relocate due to smoke damage.
We're working to gather more details. Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this developing story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos