Counselors on hand after death of Fresno teacher
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Counselors helped grieving staff members and students at Sunnyside High School Wednesday, following the sudden death of a teacher. Jim Healy, 55, died Tuesday morning in a cycling accident near Auberry Road, north of Copper.
Healy taught technology at the Southeast Fresno campus, where administrators and teachers described him as a positive person who always had a smile on his face. "He taught a technology class, a couple of classes. But everyone on our campus knows and loves Jim Healy because he was always there to help," said principal Tim Liles.
In addition to teaching, Healy also assisted staff members with their technology needs. "With Jim, he would see all of us. He would be in and out of classes; he would be training us, so every staff member here is affected by his loss. This is a big loss for us," said history teacher Tony Fiori.
As Sunnyside students and staff grieve, the cycling community is also coming together to honor Healy. The group "Fresno Bike Party" is planning a Saturday morning memorial ride. It's being organized by a former Sunnyside student who wants to show Healy's family support during this difficult time.
fresno county, fresno, local, amanda perez
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 58 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Accuweather Forecast
21 min ago