Two Huffman ISD schools on lockdown while police search for suspects in the area
HUFFMAN, TX -- Two Huffman ISD schools are on lockdown while police search for some suspects in the area.
The school district says Huffman middle school and Hargrave High School are both on lockdown as a precaution. At around 10:50 this morning, Harris County Sheriff's deputies say they briefly chased several suspects in a vehicle off of FM 2100.
The Harris Co. Precinct 3 Constable's Office says the chase started as a traffic stop, but the suspects fled, driving through a pasture before they bailed out. Two of the suspects were caught shortly thereafter.
Deputies say they are still looking for a third suspect.
One of the suspects taken into custody said he fled because he had a warrant for his arrest, according to deputy constables. We'll post more details here as they come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires