Driver emerges unscathed after train hits vehicle at railroad crossing in SW Houston
HOUSTON -- For the third day in a row, a vehicle has been hit by a train in our area.
The latest accident happened at Beechnut and Newcastle in southwest Houston, near the border of Bellaire. The driver of a Hyundai Sonata was hit by a train at the railroad crossing. Amazingly, there were no reports of serious injuries and the car appeared to have only minor damage. Police cleared the scene fairly quickly.
On Wednesday, two people inside a car were hit by a train at a crossing in southwest Houston. The driver was taken to a hospital.
And on Tuesday, we showed you iWitness video of a train barreling into a truck at a crossing in Montgomery County. The trailer had gotten stuck on the tracks. No one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos