Driver emerges unscathed after train hits vehicle at railroad crossing in SW Houston
HOUSTON -- For the third day in a row, a vehicle has been hit by a train in our area.
The latest accident happened at Beechnut and Newcastle in southwest Houston, near the border of Bellaire. The driver of a Hyundai Sonata was hit by a train at the railroad crossing. Amazingly, there were no reports of serious injuries and the car appeared to have only minor damage. Police cleared the scene fairly quickly.
On Wednesday, two people inside a car were hit by a train at a crossing in southwest Houston. The driver was taken to a hospital.
And on Tuesday, we showed you iWitness video of a train barreling into a truck at a crossing in Montgomery County. The trailer had gotten stuck on the tracks. No one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 6 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes 48 min ago
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams