Driver emerges unscathed after train hits vehicle at railroad crossing in SW Houston
HOUSTON -- For the third day in a row, a vehicle has been hit by a train in our area.
The latest accident happened at Beechnut and Newcastle in southwest Houston, near the border of Bellaire. The driver of a Hyundai Sonata was hit by a train at the railroad crossing. Amazingly, there were no reports of serious injuries and the car appeared to have only minor damage. Police cleared the scene fairly quickly.
On Wednesday, two people inside a car were hit by a train at a crossing in southwest Houston. The driver was taken to a hospital.
And on Tuesday, we showed you iWitness video of a train barreling into a truck at a crossing in Montgomery County. The trailer had gotten stuck on the tracks. No one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires