Driver emerges unscathed after train hits vehicle at railroad crossing in SW Houston
HOUSTON -- For the third day in a row, a vehicle has been hit by a train in our area.
The latest accident happened at Beechnut and Newcastle in southwest Houston, near the border of Bellaire. The driver of a Hyundai Sonata was hit by a train at the railroad crossing. Amazingly, there were no reports of serious injuries and the car appeared to have only minor damage. Police cleared the scene fairly quickly.
On Wednesday, two people inside a car were hit by a train at a crossing in southwest Houston. The driver was taken to a hospital.
And on Tuesday, we showed you iWitness video of a train barreling into a truck at a crossing in Montgomery County. The trailer had gotten stuck on the tracks. No one was hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 2 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man 8 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by...
16 min ago