Freshman Elsik student raising funds for football team robbed for his candy
HOUSTON -- Houston police are investigating an unusual robbery after a teenager was jumped on his way to school. The attackers got away with, of all things, his candy.
The victim is 15 years old. On his way to being six feet tall, but even that's no guarantee against being jumped.
"So I walked to them and asked if they wanted to buy some chocolate," the victim told us.
The 9th grade Elsik High School football player was selling chocolate bars for the football booster club. He saw the teenagers as he walked to school on High Star at Briar Knoll in southwest Houston. They cursed at him he says, then one punched him in the stomach.
"Then they took off with my chocolate box and then a couple fell and they grabbed them and took off running," he said.
Also in the box he says was $30 from earlier sales. He may never know who the candy jackers were, but he'd like to tell them something.
"It's from a fund raiser. Who'd steal from a fund raiser?" he said.
His mother has stronger words.
"I hope they get real bad stomachaches because world's class chocolate is a very rich chocolate," said the victim's mother.
The case was reported to Alief ISD police, which then referred it to HPD for investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
alief, local, deborah wrigley
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 56 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
56 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos