Valley again helping girl suffering from cancer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Valley is once again rallying around a young girl suffering from a rare brain cancer.
At only four years old, Abigail Grace Needham is in the middle of a tough fight against cancer but you wouldn't know it based on her playful spirit.
We first met Abby, and her piggy, back in 2011, a few months after she was diagnosed with pineoblastoma, and Madera High School offered its support in the form of cheers.
Her dad says the following year was a good one but two weeks ago, the family learned her cancer had returned and had spread.
"This may be one of the last few options we have medically. We're going to do everything we can to keep her happy, and everything we can to keep her alive," father Duncan Needham said.
For her fifth birthday, coming up later this month, Abby wants to go to Disneyland and the community has stepped up to make it happen. A website was created: angelshelpingabby.com.
A fundraiser is also planned for Saturday at Town and Country Park in Madera and already enough has been raised to grant that birthday wish.
"It just grew to something much further than that. It's all about support, compassion, love, and I think those things go further than money," Edward Gallegos of Good News Ministries said.
Organizers say the money raised will now go toward Abby's other medical expenses and the family couldn't be more grateful.
"We have small towns and we get them all together we forget about what's bad in the world and we remember what humanity is all about," Needham said.
The Valley, full of angels, helping Abby Grace.
madera, madera county, local, amanda perez
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos