Valley residents support child with cancer's birthday wish
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people across the Valley have stepped forward to help a little girl suffering from a rare brain cancer get her birthday wish.
Today organizers held a car wash and bake sale in Madera to raise money for 4-year-old Abby Grace Needham.
Abby is turning five later this month and she told her family she would love to go to Disneyland.
Jamie Gallegos of Children's Ministries said, "It started as a car wash to help her raise money for Disneyland but she exceeded that amount on Tuesday this week so then it turned into the community supporting her family with pediatric awareness for cancer."
All of the proceeds from Saturday's car wash and food sales will go to the Needham family.
Organizers say they were touched by Abby's story and felt inspired to help.
madera, madera county, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos