Allegiant Airlines; Valley residents stuck in Hawaii
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several passengers say their flight home from Hawaii to Fresno has been delayed for nearly two full days.
They were scheduled to leave Honolulu yesterday, but they say the Allegiant Air flight was postponed until Saturday because of mechanical issues with the plane.
The passengers say they waited nearly 12 hours yesterday before receiving hotel vouchers. And they've been waiting at the airport again all day today and were told not to leave because crews are working on the issue.
They're now scheduled to depart around 1 a.m. California time. Passengers we spoke with say they're extremely frustrated.
Delayed passenger Jacinta Martinez said, "It's horrible. The representatives here say they can't do anything; they have to call Las Vegas before they can give vouchers, and they don't know anything. That's their answer. It's horrible."
Allegiant just started offering flights between Fresno and Honolulu in July. The airline says its mechanics are working to fix the plane's problems, and there is only one aircraft that flies that route.
Officials also tell us the passengers will receive $100 travel vouchers and that safety is their number one priority.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff 30 min ago
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale