Allegiant Airlines; Valley residents stuck in Hawaii
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several passengers say their flight home from Hawaii to Fresno has been delayed for nearly two full days.
They were scheduled to leave Honolulu yesterday, but they say the Allegiant Air flight was postponed until Saturday because of mechanical issues with the plane.
The passengers say they waited nearly 12 hours yesterday before receiving hotel vouchers. And they've been waiting at the airport again all day today and were told not to leave because crews are working on the issue.
They're now scheduled to depart around 1 a.m. California time. Passengers we spoke with say they're extremely frustrated.
Delayed passenger Jacinta Martinez said, "It's horrible. The representatives here say they can't do anything; they have to call Las Vegas before they can give vouchers, and they don't know anything. That's their answer. It's horrible."
Allegiant just started offering flights between Fresno and Honolulu in July. The airline says its mechanics are working to fix the plane's problems, and there is only one aircraft that flies that route.
Officials also tell us the passengers will receive $100 travel vouchers and that safety is their number one priority.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps 52 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released