Madera County family loses home in fire
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Madera County family watched as their home went up in flames. The blaze broke out early Monday afternoon on Road 30 near Avenue 21.
Fire officials say limited water and few firefighters only allowed them to provide a defensive attack. The fire crews needed two hours to contain the fire and put out the flames.
Fortunately, the family's dog managed to make it out safely.
Firefighters say smoke and water ruined what wasn't burned in the fire.
fire, madera, madera county, local, sontaya rose
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach