Accused coach pleads not guilty to crash charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new court appearance still hasn't resolved anything for the former Central High School basketball coach accused of driving drunk and killing a child on a bike.
Loren LeBeau pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the same charges he was facing before a preliminary hearing last month.
The former coach has indicated he's willing to plead guilty, but his attorney says the charges against him are too severe.
LeBeau faces charges of hit-and-run and manslaughter in connection with the death of 7-year-old Donovan Maldonado.
fresno, fresno county, dui, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 24 min ago
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos