Valley drive gives Poverello House socks
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno county elections office donated a large quantity of socks to the Poverello House today.
On Valentine's Day, employees started a special sock drive and they ended up collecting 351 pairs. The executive director of the Poverello House says the clothing items are a necessity that is distributed on a daily basis to valley residents in need.
Brandi Orth, Fresno County Clerk said, "We're gonna continue in the future on Valentine's Day to do charitable donations of some kind and we're happy to kick it off with the Poverello House."
The Poverello House is a non-profit organization that has been helping the homeless and the hungry in Fresno since 1973.
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame 49 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013