Free health care event; Sunnyside High School
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Families who are uninsured or under-insured can get free health care in Fresno this Sunday.
Saturday was the first of a two day health fair at Sunnyside High School. Dozens of doctors and specialists are offering everything from immunizations to vision and breast cancer screening.
You can also get free teeth cleaning and other dental work as well as free prescription glasses.
Organizers say they provide these clinics on a smaller scale at the Mosqueda Center once a month, but they wanted to reach out to more families who might otherwise go without basic health care.
Steven Voon, medical outreach coordinator said, "We know that Fresno citizens have a big population with no insurance, we try to meet that need in Fresno."
The healthy fair continues at Sunnyside High School on Sunday. Registration starts at 7 a.m., and the clinic runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
fresno, fresno county, health care, local
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 28 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 58 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos