6-year-old boy victim of hit-and-run; Selma
SELMA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Selma police are investigating a hit-and-run crash involving a small child. The crash happened at Fig and Olive Avenues around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Action News was told that a 6-year-old boy was struck by a car, and Selma police said the car fled the scene.
Investigators have the area blocked off as they are piecing together what happened and talking with witnesses. They are trying to find out if the vehicle was speeding or if the driver knew he had hit the child.
Authorities say the boy was dragged by the car for some distance but they are not sure how far. Authorities said the child was taken to the hospital with severe injuries and his family is with him.
Selma Police Chief Myron Dyck said, "We have a description and some possible leads on a vehicle and a person and we are looking into that right now."
Selma police are not releasing that information at this time. They are hoping to find the driver to find out what happened.
Stay with Action News for further updates as they become available.
fresno county, selma, accident, hit and run, local, rick montanez
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004