6-year-old boy victim of hit-and-run; Selma
SELMA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Selma police are investigating a hit-and-run crash involving a small child. The crash happened at Fig and Olive Avenues around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Action News was told that a 6-year-old boy was struck by a car, and Selma police said the car fled the scene.
Investigators have the area blocked off as they are piecing together what happened and talking with witnesses. They are trying to find out if the vehicle was speeding or if the driver knew he had hit the child.
Authorities say the boy was dragged by the car for some distance but they are not sure how far. Authorities said the child was taken to the hospital with severe injuries and his family is with him.
Selma Police Chief Myron Dyck said, "We have a description and some possible leads on a vehicle and a person and we are looking into that right now."
Selma police are not releasing that information at this time. They are hoping to find the driver to find out what happened.
Stay with Action News for further updates as they become available.
fresno county, selma, accident, hit and run, local, rick montanez
- Lemoore airman sentenced to 10 years for pimping a 17-year-old girl 12 min ago
- Calif. man arrested at border on terrorism charges 32 min ago
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos