Reedley Railfest experience the 1800's
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An event here in the Valley today offered families a chance to experience railroading as it was in the late 1800's.
The Reedley Railfest took visitors back in time to when trains ran America. Hundreds of people came out for the event. Visitors got an up close look at several small, working replicas of the trains and they could even climb aboard for a ride.
Greg Robinson a Reedley Railfest volunteer said, "Yes the trains are very accurate historical models and they run exactly the way the big ones did a century ago. There's a fire inside the boiler and steam makes it go."
The rail-fest drew train enthusiasts from as far away as Colorado and Utah.
The 10th annual event was free to the public and also featured live music and plenty of fair food.
fresno county, reedley, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy