Reedley Railfest experience the 1800's
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An event here in the Valley today offered families a chance to experience railroading as it was in the late 1800's.
The Reedley Railfest took visitors back in time to when trains ran America. Hundreds of people came out for the event. Visitors got an up close look at several small, working replicas of the trains and they could even climb aboard for a ride.
Greg Robinson a Reedley Railfest volunteer said, "Yes the trains are very accurate historical models and they run exactly the way the big ones did a century ago. There's a fire inside the boiler and steam makes it go."
The rail-fest drew train enthusiasts from as far away as Colorado and Utah.
The 10th annual event was free to the public and also featured live music and plenty of fair food.
fresno county, reedley, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies