Navy plans to replace old jets; Lemoore NAS
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Navy is considering a plan to send about one-hundred F-35C jets to Lemoore Naval Air Station.
They would replace an aging fleet of F-18. Today the navy talked of the environmental impact of the change at the air base. They are still taking public input.
Ted Brown of Navy Environmental Public Affairs said, "The environmental impact would not be significantly at NAS Lemoore given that it's a one for one replacement replacing the older model hornet with the neighbors new joint strike force."
The comment period for the environmental impact statement ends April 22nd. The next step is the release of the final impact statement.
The earliest NAS Lemoore would make the transition is 2016.
lemoore, lemoore naval air station, lemoore station, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Accuweather Forecast
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos