The city of Parlier to layoff three police officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The city of Parlier has voted to layoff three police officers.
City leaders say the cuts won't affect public safety, but the city's police chief told Action News that the situation is "frustrating."
The city says it plans to apply for grants that if granted, could be used to hire police and other city workers back.
parlier, fresno county, budget cuts, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 28 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 11 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos