Fresno Fire investigating gang-related arson
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Fire investigators are working with a local gang task-force to solve a series of arsons. Investigators say there is a 19-year-old they are trying to track down and question. And one person is in juvenile jail, connected to the case.
An explosion of flames right along the front of the Bond Street Market in Central Fresno is what was recorded on surveillance video.
Moments before the fire two people in hoodies ran up and doused the front of the building with a liquid. In the video you can see both men light something on fire then throw it at the store. Fire investigators say one of the men in the video may be 19-year-old Christopher Rocca. They say he's wanted for questioning.
The other person in the video Investigators said is underage. They say he was arrested when Fresno County SWAT, fire investigators and officers from the Multi-Agency Gang Enforcement Consortium served two search warrants last Tuesday.
The fire department says the store on Lewis and Thesta in Central Fresno was intentionally set on fire once. The store is boarded up and closed now.
The store on Bond where the surveillance video was recorded is back open. The fire damage appears to have been repaired. Store employees declined to comment on the incidents. In the meantime arson investigators hope someone can tell them where to find Rocca.
They hope the video will help close the case before another fire is intentionally set. Investigators say these arson cases are gang related. As for that underage suspect in jail, we're told he is being held pending charges connected to the fires.
crimetracker, arson, gang, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 53 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program get students interested in STEM classes 11 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 43 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Fresno State program get students...
12 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
4 min ago
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos