Food left on a stove causes fire at Fresno restaurant
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Fire Department quickly put out the fire at the Lao Vieng Oriental Restaurant on Olive near Chestnut just before 7 a.m. Thursday.
Fire fighters say the restaurant had a working sprinkler and air vent system that had recently been serviced but the fire melted part of the hardware for the system. That prevented water from the sprinkler system from reaching the fire.
The fire department says damage estimates are near $50-thousand. No one was injured in the fire. There is no word yet on when the business will reopen.
fire, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- SW Fresno crash leaves multiple people injured 9 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal