Food left on a stove causes fire at Fresno restaurant
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Fire Department quickly put out the fire at the Lao Vieng Oriental Restaurant on Olive near Chestnut just before 7 a.m. Thursday.
Fire fighters say the restaurant had a working sprinkler and air vent system that had recently been serviced but the fire melted part of the hardware for the system. That prevented water from the sprinkler system from reaching the fire.
The fire department says damage estimates are near $50-thousand. No one was injured in the fire. There is no word yet on when the business will reopen.
fire, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 4 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding 50 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance
- Photos: Easter traditions explained