Fresno fugitive caught in Southern California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thanousone Volarat, 33, who escaped from the Community Home Infusion Center on February 25th, has been caught.
In a press release, the U.S. Marshals said that Volarat's escape was well planned and executed with the help of several other people. They said Volarat was able to leave the Fresno area shortly after his escape.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office was able to track Volarat to a home in Garden Grove, California. According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Volarat was found hiding in a hamper full of clothes and attempted to forcibly escape before being taken into custody on Wednesday, March 20th.
Volarat has been in custody since 2011, awaiting trial on drug charges. The marshals service said additional escape charges will be added soon.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies