Fresno fugitive caught in Southern California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thanousone Volarat, 33, who escaped from the Community Home Infusion Center on February 25th, has been caught.
In a press release, the U.S. Marshals said that Volarat's escape was well planned and executed with the help of several other people. They said Volarat was able to leave the Fresno area shortly after his escape.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office was able to track Volarat to a home in Garden Grove, California. According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Volarat was found hiding in a hamper full of clothes and attempted to forcibly escape before being taken into custody on Wednesday, March 20th.
Volarat has been in custody since 2011, awaiting trial on drug charges. The marshals service said additional escape charges will be added soon.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos