Fresno fugitive caught in Southern California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thanousone Volarat, 33, who escaped from the Community Home Infusion Center on February 25th, has been caught.
In a press release, the U.S. Marshals said that Volarat's escape was well planned and executed with the help of several other people. They said Volarat was able to leave the Fresno area shortly after his escape.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office was able to track Volarat to a home in Garden Grove, California. According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Volarat was found hiding in a hamper full of clothes and attempted to forcibly escape before being taken into custody on Wednesday, March 20th.
Volarat has been in custody since 2011, awaiting trial on drug charges. The marshals service said additional escape charges will be added soon.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly 56 min ago
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions 23 min ago
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos