Fresno fugitive caught in Southern California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thanousone Volarat, 33, who escaped from the Community Home Infusion Center on February 25th, has been caught.
In a press release, the U.S. Marshals said that Volarat's escape was well planned and executed with the help of several other people. They said Volarat was able to leave the Fresno area shortly after his escape.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office was able to track Volarat to a home in Garden Grove, California. According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Volarat was found hiding in a hamper full of clothes and attempted to forcibly escape before being taken into custody on Wednesday, March 20th.
Volarat has been in custody since 2011, awaiting trial on drug charges. The marshals service said additional escape charges will be added soon.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch