Fresno fugitive caught in Southern California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thanousone Volarat, 33, who escaped from the Community Home Infusion Center on February 25th, has been caught.
In a press release, the U.S. Marshals said that Volarat's escape was well planned and executed with the help of several other people. They said Volarat was able to leave the Fresno area shortly after his escape.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office was able to track Volarat to a home in Garden Grove, California. According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Volarat was found hiding in a hamper full of clothes and attempted to forcibly escape before being taken into custody on Wednesday, March 20th.
Volarat has been in custody since 2011, awaiting trial on drug charges. The marshals service said additional escape charges will be added soon.
fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl