Elderly Fresno man head-butted & stabbed in road rage incident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing they believe started as a road rage incident in Central Fresno.
Police say it started when a car broke down in the northbound lanes of Blackstone near Home. Some people got out to push the vehicle to the side of the road.
An elderly man passing by in a pickup truck, came close but did not hit the car.
Police say a man who was pushing the car, felt the driver of the pickup came too close, and that's when the trouble began.
Dennis Bridges with the Fresno Police Department said, "The disturbance broke out between the 51-year-old suspect and the 64-year-old driver. The suspect head-butted the elderly driver, and then kicked him."
Citizens came to help the man in the truck. That's when the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed a 64-year-old man at the scene.
Police say the suspect then took off on a bicycle. A block over, the suspect stabbed another man.
Police caught up with him, and he was eventually arrested.
crimetracker, stabbing, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case