Fresno woman leaves baby at Walmart
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are looking for a woman who left her three-month-old baby at a Walmart in Southeast Fresno.
The incident happened Thursday morning at the Walmart at Kings Canyon and Peach Avenue.
Investigators say the mother came to the store to return diapers. She was turned away because she didn't have a receipt.
According to police, she said she needed to run to her car. That's when she left her baby with the security guard and never came back.
Walmart released this statement: "The store immediately notified the Fresno Police Department and have been providing all relevant information to them for their investigation."
walmart, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County 39 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial 32 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos