UC Merced students are making Facebook confessions
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new type of Facebook page is gaining popularity -- and causing controversy -- on university campuses across the country.
Students at several schools, including UC Merced, have now started "confessions" pages where anyone can share their secrets anonymously.
The posts on UC Merced's page range from sadness over being away from home, to frustration with roommates and dating. But many also focus on sex and drugs, including several that are too explicit for us to show.
Supporters say it's harmless and even therapeutic, but others worry it portrays the campus in a negative way.
Some student government groups and administrators at other schools are now fighting to have the confession pages taken down, or to have the university's name removed.
facebook, u.c. merced, local, sara sandrik
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos