UC Merced students are making Facebook confessions
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new type of Facebook page is gaining popularity -- and causing controversy -- on university campuses across the country.
Students at several schools, including UC Merced, have now started "confessions" pages where anyone can share their secrets anonymously.
The posts on UC Merced's page range from sadness over being away from home, to frustration with roommates and dating. But many also focus on sex and drugs, including several that are too explicit for us to show.
Supporters say it's harmless and even therapeutic, but others worry it portrays the campus in a negative way.
Some student government groups and administrators at other schools are now fighting to have the confession pages taken down, or to have the university's name removed.
facebook, u.c. merced, local, sara sandrik
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school
- Tower District banding together to fight crime
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos