Parlier residents will handle own PD reports
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Beginning Friday, the residents of Parlier will have to take crime reporting into their own hands as the city makes changes within their department.
Three Parlier police officers will get pink slips Friday as a part of a plan to balance the city's budget. The force will be down six officers. Before the layoffs, three people were sent to reserve positions.
That means the force of 15 has now dwindled to nine. As a result, 18,000 residents in the city will now have to fill out their own police reports to allow officers to focus on emergencies.
parlier, fresno, fresno county, local
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 9 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos