Parlier residents will handle own PD reports
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Beginning Friday, the residents of Parlier will have to take crime reporting into their own hands as the city makes changes within their department.
Three Parlier police officers will get pink slips Friday as a part of a plan to balance the city's budget. The force will be down six officers. Before the layoffs, three people were sent to reserve positions.
That means the force of 15 has now dwindled to nine. As a result, 18,000 residents in the city will now have to fill out their own police reports to allow officers to focus on emergencies.
parlier, fresno, fresno county, local
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos