Valley principal wears banana costume
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Mrs. Cabe's wore a banana costume Friday from a promise she made to her students. Weeks ago, she challenged her students to read 75,000 pages in two weeks.
The students did that, and more. Over a two week period, they read 75,280 pages.
Principal Helen Cabe said, "They have told me I'm quite appealing and they're telling me lots of jokes as I walk through classrooms. So they're having fun with it too."
Cabe says next year, they plan on setting the goal higher for the reading challenge. She has also received different ideas on what kind of costume she will wear if they are successful again. One of the ideas is to be a hot dog.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 28 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case