Valley principal wears banana costume
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Mrs. Cabe's wore a banana costume Friday from a promise she made to her students. Weeks ago, she challenged her students to read 75,000 pages in two weeks.
The students did that, and more. Over a two week period, they read 75,280 pages.
Principal Helen Cabe said, "They have told me I'm quite appealing and they're telling me lots of jokes as I walk through classrooms. So they're having fun with it too."
Cabe says next year, they plan on setting the goal higher for the reading challenge. She has also received different ideas on what kind of costume she will wear if they are successful again. One of the ideas is to be a hot dog.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno 5 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard