Valley church helps girls find prom dresses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Saturday, a group of volunteers collected dresses for teenagers who may not be able to afford them.
The event took place at the River of Life Assembly Church In Fresno. People got a chance to donate special occasion outfits. Some even dropped off purses, shawls and jewelry.
Organizer of the Event Denise Gonzalez said, "I feel it in my heart that families need help with special things, especially girls, this is high school this might be their senior year maybe families can't afford this extra expense on them."
Organizers are hoping more people will step up and help. They plan is to give away the dresses to students with id's on April 6th.
If you would like to donate a prom dress, please click here.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, charity, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 28 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal 59 min ago
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos