Valley church helps girls find prom dresses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Saturday, a group of volunteers collected dresses for teenagers who may not be able to afford them.
The event took place at the River of Life Assembly Church In Fresno. People got a chance to donate special occasion outfits. Some even dropped off purses, shawls and jewelry.
Organizer of the Event Denise Gonzalez said, "I feel it in my heart that families need help with special things, especially girls, this is high school this might be their senior year maybe families can't afford this extra expense on them."
Organizers are hoping more people will step up and help. They plan is to give away the dresses to students with id's on April 6th.
If you would like to donate a prom dress, please click here.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, charity, local
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 13 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Accuweather Forecast
27 min ago