Fresno zoo's new African Otter exhibit
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some African Otters at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo are enjoying their new home Friday with the grand opening of the African Spotted-Necked Otters exhibit.
To celebrate, zoo staff gave out free Otter Popsicles to the first 1,000 guests that came to check out their new pad. The renovation has added several large windows for smaller guests to watch the otters in the water, much more vegetation, and a complete makeover of the pool.
The otters relaxed in the zoo's hospital during the remodel, but seemed very happy to be in their new home.
chaffee zoo, fresno, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos