Ex-Livingston HS teacher sentenced for sex with student
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge sentenced Melody Carter McCabe to jail for having sex with one of her male students after she pleaded no contest in a courtroom Monday morning.
A judge sentenced the former Livingston High School teacher to five months in the Merced County jail.
McCabe will also serve five years felony probation but won't have to register as a sex offender.
She is scheduled to report to jail on May 28th and will get credit for the week she's already spent.
crimetracker, sex crimes, livingston, merced county, merced, local, mariana jacob
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 1 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 43 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case