Ex-Livingston HS teacher sentenced for sex with student
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge sentenced Melody Carter McCabe to jail for having sex with one of her male students after she pleaded no contest in a courtroom Monday morning.
A judge sentenced the former Livingston High School teacher to five months in the Merced County jail.
McCabe will also serve five years felony probation but won't have to register as a sex offender.
She is scheduled to report to jail on May 28th and will get credit for the week she's already spent.
crimetracker, sex crimes, livingston, merced county, merced, local, mariana jacob
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier 32 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers? 14 min ago