Visalia couple charged with severely beating a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Visalia couple has been charged with the severe beating of a three-year-old boy.
Desie Horton, 29, and Trevor Bishop, 30, both pleaded not guilty to the charges they face in the case.
Bishop is charged with assault and felony child abuse. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Visalia police believe Bishop beat the toddler last week at the home, he and Horton shared.
The child's mother is facing felony child abuse charges for failing to protect the boy, who remains in a coma and in critical condition.
crimetracker, court, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos