Visalia couple charged with severely beating a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Visalia couple has been charged with the severe beating of a three-year-old boy.
Desie Horton, 29, and Trevor Bishop, 30, both pleaded not guilty to the charges they face in the case.
Bishop is charged with assault and felony child abuse. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Visalia police believe Bishop beat the toddler last week at the home, he and Horton shared.
The child's mother is facing felony child abuse charges for failing to protect the boy, who remains in a coma and in critical condition.
crimetracker, court, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 4 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 50 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
7 min ago