2 injured in Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The intersection of Shields and Hughes was closed for several hours Tuesday night after a shooting sent two victims to the hospital.
Fresno police say the shooting happened before 8 o'clock when the driver of a dark-colored vehicle opened fire on two people inside a moving white Cadillac.
The shooting victim drove a quarter mile on Shields before stopping near Lafayette to ask for help. But before that, the victim rammed into the end of another car on Hughes. The bystanders inside that car were not injured.
The shooting victims inside the Cadillac were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno with non-life threatening injures.
"According to witnesses and also the victims, a dark-colored vehicle drove up next to the victims' vehicle and began firing shots," said Lt. Phil Cooley with the Fresno Police Department. "The victim subsequently drove westbound on Shields."
Witnesses in the area say they heard around 7 gunshots but didn't see the direction where the suspected shooter drove off.
Police do not have a motive in the case and are looking to see if the shooting was gang related.
shooting, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, fresno central, local, carlos saucedo
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Fire Safety