Two teenage girls suffer gunshot wounds in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police are trying to determine what led to an attack that left two teenage girls with gunshot wounds.
Police say the suspect is responsible for firing a gun towards the two girls ages 19 and 16. Investigators believe the 19-year-old was the intended target.
Officers were called to an apartment complex on Laurel Street near Church just after midnight for a report of shots fired. When they got there they found the two teenagers suffering from gunshot wounds.
Investigators say the suspect and the 19-year-old victim were involved in some sort of dispute earlier in the day. People who live near the scene say the two both live near each other in this apartment complex.
The shooting happened while the two victims were hanging out outside of one of the apartments. Police are still looking for witnesses to help them solve the crime.
Sgt. Amy Watkins said, "In this particular area there would have been several people out in the area especially with these evenings the weather is a little bit warmer so we are asking additional witnesses to come forward."
Police say two windows of the apartment where the shooting took place -- were smashed in.
Police have had a busy week and say when the weather warms up they do start to see an up kick in certain crimes, especially when more people are hanging out outside.
visalia, tulare county, shooting, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 28 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 11 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 4 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies