Bomb squad disables pipe bomb in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a transient called police after he picked up a backpack with a suspicious device inside.
A bomb squad unit responded to the intersection of Cedar and Belmont and ended up blowing up what turned out to be a pipe bomb. The intersection was closed for several hours until the device was secured.
No one was injured. Authorities say the backpack was left in a dumpster in Downtown Fresno. They are now looking for whoever left the device behind.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, bombing, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl