Bomb squad disables pipe bomb in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a transient called police after he picked up a backpack with a suspicious device inside.
A bomb squad unit responded to the intersection of Cedar and Belmont and ended up blowing up what turned out to be a pipe bomb. The intersection was closed for several hours until the device was secured.
No one was injured. Authorities say the backpack was left in a dumpster in Downtown Fresno. They are now looking for whoever left the device behind.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, bombing, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 17 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 10 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno...
17 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after...
11 min ago