Visalia Veterans Service Home is in need of donations
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new transitional home for veterans will soon open up in Visalia. But first organizers need a lot of help from the community.
The Visalia Veterans Service Home will provide housing for 9/11 GI veterans who are pursuing educational opportunities and need help transitioning into civilian life.
Organizers are renovating most of the home after squatters destroyed and stole many of the furnishings and appliances. They're hoping donations from the community will help them open on time. The facility plans to open on May 1, 2013.
If you'd like to donate to the Visalia Veterans Service Home, we've provided the information below.
Visalia Veterans Service Home
PO Box 4307
Visalia, CA 93278
visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 32 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender