Head-on collision kills 1, injures another in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A head-on collision involving a big rig in Fresno County has killed one man and injured another.
It happened just after 9 a.m. on Highway 41, just north of Mount Whitney Avenue. The California Highway patrol officers say the driver of the pickup truck was traveling north on HWY 41, when he ended up drifting into the south bound lanes.
The impact of that crash killed the driver of the pickup truck immediately. Authorities have not identified the driver of the pickup, or the big rig.
Sgt. Larry Gale of CHP said, "Most of the witnesses I spoke to just saw a big collision, and confirmed the pick-up went onto the path of the big rig on the south bound side."
Traffic was shut down in the area for a few hours as crews worked to clear the scene.
It has since been reopened.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 43 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
42 min ago