Hanford PD arrest man accused of robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hanford police arrested a man who they say stole expensive items from a Lowe's home improvement store and Walmart.
Investigators believe Simon Rylaarsdam had been breaking into Lowe's for the past three months. They say he used a torch and bolt cutters to cut cables and security devices on equipment.
Officers arrested Rylaarsdam during a traffic stop. They found a pair of bolt cutters and torches in the passenger seat along with more than a gram of methamphetamine.
The man later admitted to stealing a lawn mower, roto-tillers and a trailer from Lowe's.
Investigators say he also stole eight laptops from the Walmart in Hanford.
hanford, kings county, robbery, local
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark 40 min ago
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
46 min ago
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos