Hanford PD arrest man accused of robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hanford police arrested a man who they say stole expensive items from a Lowe's home improvement store and Walmart.
Investigators believe Simon Rylaarsdam had been breaking into Lowe's for the past three months. They say he used a torch and bolt cutters to cut cables and security devices on equipment.
Officers arrested Rylaarsdam during a traffic stop. They found a pair of bolt cutters and torches in the passenger seat along with more than a gram of methamphetamine.
The man later admitted to stealing a lawn mower, roto-tillers and a trailer from Lowe's.
Investigators say he also stole eight laptops from the Walmart in Hanford.
hanford, kings county, robbery, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 30 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
7 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
29 min ago