Valley Boy Scout gives back to the community
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley Boy Scout is giving back to the community with his Eagle Scout project.
Gage Carmichael is a life scout in troop 301. Part of his Eagle Scout project involves restoring the north shore amphitheater at Millerton Lake.
He's helping to build a larger and safer fire pit made of stone. And he's installing wooden door covers to protect the large projector screen.
Boy Scout Gage Carmichael said, "Because we're always camping here i thought i should give back to the park you know. Because we're always here and just giving back to the community you know."
Today's project is one of the last major steps Carmichael needs to complete before becoming an Eagle Scout.
He also received some help from fellow scout members.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos