Motorcycle vs. Bicycle kills one in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person died after a motorcycle and bicycle collided in southwest Fresno Friday.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Jensen and Elm Avenues. Both the bicyclist and motorcycle driver were taken to the hospital. The bicycle rider was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Jose Garza said, "According to witnesses, the bicyclist was eastbound on Jensen and crossed over and was broadsided by the motorcycle heading westbound in the number 2 lane."
The motorcyclist was hospitalized with moderate injuries. Both men are in their 60s.
65-year-old Eugene Randle and the driver of the motorcycle were both taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
Randle died at the hospital. At last check the motorcyclist was hospitalized with moderate injuries.
His name has not yet been identified.
accident, fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 16 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case