A new candidate enters race for State Senate
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new candidate has entered the race to fill Michael Rubio's vacated seat in the State Senate.
Republican John Estrada filed his nominating papers at the Fresno County Elections Office Friday.
Rubio was halfway through his four year term when he resigned in late February to take a job with Chevron. The election to fill the State Senate seat will be held May 21, 2013. If there's not a clear winner the runoff will be held in July.
So far, seven candidates are in the running:
Francisco ramirez jr.
And now, john estrada.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals