A new candidate enters race for State Senate
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new candidate has entered the race to fill Michael Rubio's vacated seat in the State Senate.
Republican John Estrada filed his nominating papers at the Fresno County Elections Office Friday.
Rubio was halfway through his four year term when he resigned in late February to take a job with Chevron. The election to fill the State Senate seat will be held May 21, 2013. If there's not a clear winner the runoff will be held in July.
So far, seven candidates are in the running:
Francisco ramirez jr.
And now, john estrada.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 1 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos