A new candidate enters race for State Senate
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new candidate has entered the race to fill Michael Rubio's vacated seat in the State Senate.
Republican John Estrada filed his nominating papers at the Fresno County Elections Office Friday.
Rubio was halfway through his four year term when he resigned in late February to take a job with Chevron. The election to fill the State Senate seat will be held May 21, 2013. If there's not a clear winner the runoff will be held in July.
So far, seven candidates are in the running:
Francisco ramirez jr.
And now, john estrada.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks 11 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program 16 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
16 min ago
- Experts advise caution after several carbon...
13 min ago